- On September 13, 2017
- By Beehive HRMS
Strategic Human Resource Management – Benefits and Barriers
Benefits of SHRM
- It provides a clear business strategy and a vision for the future.
- It helps the human resources department supply competitive intelligence that may be useful in the strategic planning process.
- It impacts the entire process of recruiting, retaining and motivating employees.
- It helps identify the external opportunities and threats that may be critical to the company’s success.
- Helps develop and retain highly competitive people.
- Helps address people development issues systematically.
- It helps supply information regarding the company’s internal strengths and weaknesses.
- It also helps meet the customer’s expectations effectively.
- Ensures efficiency and greater productivity.
Barriers to SHRM
- The main barriers to SHRM are the lack of growth strategy and the failure to implement it.
- Sometimes there is high resistance to changes and lack of cooperation too from existing people and processes.
- Commitment of the management team is essential.
- Status quo approach is the greatest hindrance. People who love status quo would not be best suited for such a change or transformation to take place.
- Many times diverse workforce is considered as a barrier – which is not actually the case – regardless of the workforce SHRM can be implemented.
- The leaders should have the vision for the future and include strategic human resource management into the core of the organization.
If you are looking for automated HRMS software for your organization contact us today and we can discuss your requirements in detail